Saturday, December 5, 2009

Tot School: Week of November 30

Tot School
Lauren is 38 months old. Lauren worked on the following skills this week:

  • recognizing letters
  • functions of print: following a recipe
  • fine motor control: manipulating playdough and buttons, using tongs
  • ordering objects by size
  • recognizing shapes
  • sorting objects by color and size
  • extending and creating patterns
  • counting up to six objects

Here are a few of her activities this week:

Lauren helped me make green playdough.

She used cookie cutters to make playdough trees and then decorated them with buttons.

She matched shapes on this wreath from First School.

Lauren used tongs to sort pom poms. The pom poms can be sorted by color or size.

She ordered felt Christmas trees by size.

Lauren sorted small present ornaments by color.

I created a pattern with the presents and Lauren extended the pattern.

Then Lauren surprised me by creating her own pattern with three colors!

We played our Christmas tree grid game.

Lauren has been enjoying typing on the computer. I select a large font, Lauren chooses the font color, and then she types letters.

For more Totschool fun visit 1+1+1=1.

3 comments:

  1. What a great week! I like the play-dough trees :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic week! And hooray for Lauren making a 3-color pattern herself! And the letter typing is awesome - I've never thought to do this, so we will now! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great week! We have those same tiny presents and Maddie loves them. I think I'll have to try out the computer too; I'm sure she'd LOVE typing!

    ReplyDelete