Monday, May 4, 2009

I Went Swimming Chart

The girls and I enjoy reading our song and poem charts together so I created a new ocean themed poem. I cut this poem into strips and placed them in a mini pocket chart. The ocean animal word cards are also cut apart. We read the poem several times, changing the animal word card each time.

I Went Swimming Chart
Ocean animal word cards

After reading the poem several times, Julia reconstructed cut up sentences.

I gave Lauren a magnetic letter s. She traced it with her finger while saying "s". Then she searched for the letter s in the poem.

Lauren also used a card with a cut out window to frame the letter s.

3 comments:

  1. This is great, thanks so much for sharing! You are a talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is wonderful! we are doing a beach theme next week! thanks for the download :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I'm so glad someone finds this stuff useful!

    ReplyDelete