- Five Little Pigs poem. Print the second page (the numbers) on card stock.
- Pigs printed on card stock
- 12x18 green construction paper
- 9x12 brown construction paper
- lamination film (if you do not laminate, then place a piece of clear packing tape under the velcro)
To make the chart:
- Glue the poem to the top of the 12x18 green construction paper. Cut the brown paper into the shape of a mud puddle and glue to the bottom of the green construction paper.
- Laminate the poem, number cards, and pig pictures. Cut the pieces apart.
- Attach a small strip of velcro above the word 'five' on the poem and to the back of the number cards. Attach five pieces of velcro to the mud puddle and to the back of the pigs.
To use the chart:
- Place the pigs on the puddle.
- Read the poem with your child using your finger or a pointer to track the print.
- After you read "The farmer took one piggy out." your child removes a pig.
- Count the number of pigs left in the puddle. Cover the word 'five' with the word 'four' and read the poem again. Continue until all the pigs are removed.