Thursday, May 14, 2009

Feed the Chicks

Lauren practiced counting 1-3 objects with our latest counting game. This game uses a chick counting board, dot spinner, and popcorn kernels. The counting boards came from Workjobs by Mary Baratta-Lorton but they would be easy to create with clip art.


The child spins the spinner, counts the dots, and places the correct number of corn kernels in a chick's dish. Use a die if your child is practicing counting six objects. Use two dice to practice addition.

3 comments:

  1. that is fun! I'm marking it for our farm theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is beautiful!!!

    (I followed a link from Hadley at Life of a Dairy Queen!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too cute!! Hmmmm...now I may have to make something like that!

    I get my clip art from Microsoft word. If it isn't in my program I look on Microsoft office online and start searching. :)All of it is the free stuff they provide, since I try to be careful with copyrighted images.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete