Sunday, May 17, 2009

Lauren's Tot School

Tot School

I have enjoyed checking out Tot School on 1+1+1=1 and seeing all the wonderful things moms have done with their tots. This week I want to share the fun Lauren had working with her activity trays and tubs.



Lauren matched pictures of mommies and babies.


She used the tray of cut shapes to create a shape collage.


Lauren worked on spelling her name. For this activity I spelled Lauren's name with magnetic letters and traced the letters on a piece of paper. Lauren places the magnetic letters over the black letters as we name each letter.



She created with little Legos.



Here she is stringing pony beads onto Rex Lace.



She sorted buttons by color. They can also be sorted by shape (circles, squares, and triangles).



I cut cheese and fruit and Lauren used a toothpick to make fruit kabobs.


Lauren choose to paint at the easel several times this week.

6 comments:

  1. I love the fruit kabobs! My daughter has that same madras dress, I think; hers is from the Gap. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name activity...I am going to try this with Emily for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! I just finished exploring more of your site, and I really enjoyed it. Thanks for some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, love the name activity. I also really like the diy kabobs. I think RockerTot would really enjoy that. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the name activity! I also love the plaid dress that is soo cute :)

    we use our easel lots too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shape collage idea, we have done that before but not in a LONG time, I need to get cutting!

    Thanks for linking to Tot School!

    ;) Carisa

    ReplyDelete